Friday, February 18, 2011
What is Destiny (Taqdir) ?
What is Destiny (Taqdir)?
1. Within the Knowledge of Allah Ta'ala, He wrote what was going to happen in the world and whatever His servants were going to do.
2. Allah Ta’ala wrote good in some people's fate and wrote bad in another person's fate.
3. He did not make the person helpless by writing this down, but wrote down what the servant was going to do.
4. An example of this is that if Allah Ta’ala wrote bad for Zaid, then it was because He is aware that Zaid is going to do bad, and if Zaid was to do good, then He would have written good for Zaid, thus His Writing and His Knowledge did not make any person compelled.
5. After performing bad deeds you should not say that this happened because it was Allah Ta'ala's will and therefore it was in my destiny, but all good things are done with the Pleasure of Allah Ta'ala and all bad deeds are done with the pleasure of one's desires.
6. To believe yourself as totally without will or totally helpless is a misguided belief. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has referred to those who do not believe in Taqdir to be like fire-worshippers of his Ummah.
7. It is forbidden to discuss or debate the subject of destiny. A person should only think that they are not helpless like stones and therefore cannot do anything according to their will, but actually Allah Ta'ala has given humans the power to do as they please and the reward and sin is based upon this power of will. Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique and Hazrat Umar-e-Farooq (radi Allahu anhuma) were prohibited from discussing Taqdir.